Nov 30, 2023
ADM 2020 - Robotics and Automated Systems Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This course provides a basic introduction to the field of robotics technology. Topics include programming and operating various robotic and automated processes individually and as integrated systems. Technology includes multi-axis CNC, collaborative robots, vision systems, and PLC-based automation systems.
- Robotic systems for the “Factory of the Future”
- Real-world applications of manufacturing automation
- Robotic mechanisms and sensors
- Setup, programming, and operation of:
- Vision Systems
- Multi-axis CNC
- Programming, interfacing, and integration of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCS)
- Maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of robotic components and systems
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- apply safe setup operations and procedures.
- describe new applications of robotics in manufacturing.
- develop computer generated machine paths using simulation and robotic application software.
- explain the history of robotic enhanced manufacturing.
- conduct preventative maintenance and perform troubleshooting on robotic and automated systems.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)