Nov 30, 2023
AST 2055 - Electronic Fuel Injection Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2 Lab 2
Course Description: This course covers the operation and service of electronic fuel injection systems. System testing and necessary repairs will be performed. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): AST 2045 and instructor consent.
- Benefits of fuel injection
- Less parts
- Better atomization
- Cold drivability
- Intake Manifolds
- Types of fuel systems
- Two line
- One line
- Fuel system components
- Tank and Lines
- Fuel Pump
- Fuel pressure regulation
- Fuel pressure and component testing
- Idle speed control
- Electronic throttle control
- General shop
- Precautions relative to course
- Direct injection systems
- high pressure fuel pumps
- high pressure fuel injectors & drivers pressure sensors
- specialty tools
- safety procedures surrounding high pressure components
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe safety precautions associated with course.
- identify fuel system components.
- locate fuel system components.
- perform fuel pressure testing.
- test fuel system components.
- diagnose fuel injection problems.
- replace defective components.
- perform NATEF tasks during fuel system testing completing
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)