Dec 06, 2023
ABOD 1085 - Frame Repair Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture None Lab None
Course Description: This hands-on course introduces students to the techniques and processes for repairing frame damage following a vehicle collision. Topics include safety issues, universal measuring systems, vehicle structures and their corresponding repair techniques, and frame-straightening procedures. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): Course placement into ENGL 0950 and RDNG 0950 or above OR completion of RDNG 0940 with a grade of C or higher OR course placement into ESOL 0051 and ESOL 0052 and ESOL 1033 OR completion of ESOL 0041 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0042 with a grade of C or higher and ESOL 0043 with a grade of C or higher.
- Safety procedures and precautions related to auto body frame straightening equipment
- Automobile construction and frame design
- Universal measuring systems
- Theory and operation of frame straightening equipment
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- identify safety procedures and precautions related to safely operating straightening equipment.
- operate universal measuring systems.
- identify different types of automobile structures and their corresponding repair techniques.
- perform frame straightening procedures.
Competency 1 (1-6)
Competency 2 (7-10)
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)