Aug 13, 2020
ART 2099 - Portfolio: Professional Practices Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab None
Course Description: This course presents topics related to the creation of professional materials common to the Art profession. In addition to the creation of a professional portfolio of art work, discussions will include presenting to galleries, creation of an artist resume, and professional studio practices. This class is part of the final semester of the AFA-Art degree.
Prerequisite(s): Sufficient credits in ART and consent of instructor.
- Portfolio types and purposes Assessing strong work Defining “presentation-ready”
- Documenting Artwork- strategies and purposes Choosing the correct format
- Artist Statement Purposes Know your audience
- Artist Professional Studio Practices Studio best practices Professional artist/designer introduction
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- create a professional quality portfolio.
- critically assess professional quality artwork.
- present a professional quality portfolio.
- create an artist statement.
- create an artist resume.
- critically discuss artwork using terms common to the art and design field.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)