Aug 13, 2020
ABOD 1000 - Introduction to Auto Body Trade Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab 4
Course Description: This course covers shop safety, tool maintenance, professionalism and the major work areas in a typical shop. Students are also exposed to the steps necessary in repairing a wrecked vehicle. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
- Repair procedures
- Body shop work areas
- Positions available in the collision repair industry
- Professional publications
- Professional associations available to paint and body shop employees
- Personal safety and shop safety
- Tool maintenance
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate safe handling of hazardous wastes.
- summarize the basic steps needed to repair a car or truck damaged in an accident.
- describe the types of positions or jobs available in the collision repair industry.
- demonstrate personal and shop safety.
- perform tool maintenance.
- explain the major work areas of a body shop.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)