Dec 04, 2020
ABOD 1020 - Auto Body Sheet Metal Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course covers sheet metal repair processes for minor damage. Students will use tools and equipment on actual sheet metal panels and damaged vehicle panels. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
- Sheet metal safety
- Sheet metal specialty tools
- Auto body hand tools
- Metal, sheet metal straightening methods
- Sheet metal damage
- Straightening steps
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe different types of metals used in vehicle construction.
- explain the strength ratings of metals.
- summarize the deformation effects of impacts on steel.
- use a hammer and dolly to straighten metal.
- demonstrate how to bump dents with spoons.
- list the steps for shrinking metal.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)