Oct 18, 2021
ABOD 1030 - Introduction to Auto Body Refinishing Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course is an introduction to automotive refinishing. Topics include refinishing safety, tools, equipment, surface preparation and material application procedures. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
- Functions of the four types of undercoats
- Types of undercoats
- Advances made in refinishing by basecoat/clearcoat finishes
- Basecoat/clearcoat finishes
- Role of solvents and the variables that effect their spraying
- Selecting and mixing paint solvents
- Steps in applying various types of colorcoats
- Basecoat/clearcoat stystem
- Methods for applying topcoat
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- identify refinishing safety.
- identify refinishing equipment.
- describe refinishing abrasives.
- perform sanding procedures.
- identify metal treating procedures.
- identify masking materials.
- perform masking procedures.
- name the types of undercoats and their functions.
- explain the advantages of basecoat/clearcoat finishes.
- describe the role of solvents and the variables that effect their spraying.
- select and mix paint solvents.
- identify the steps in applying various types of colorcoats.
- apply basecoat/clearcoat system.
- summarize methods for applying topcoat.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)