Aug 13, 2020
ABOD 1040 - Corrosion Protection and Body Fillers Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course covers rust repair techniques and corrosion protection material safety, tools, equipment and application. Topics include safe use of body fillers and repair sectioning or replacement of fiberglass body repairs. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
- Corrosion and common factors involved in rust formation
- Conditions and events that lead to corrosion on a vehicle body
- Corrosive protection materials used to prevent and rust formations
- Correct corrosion application equipment for specific applications
- Surface for filler
- Filler and cream hardener
- Filler application
- Common mistakes made when using filler and spot putty
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- prepare surface for corrosion protection
- apply knowledge of relationship of corrosion to structural integrity.
- apply corrosion protection compounds.
- prepare surface for body filler
- select proper filler materials and tools.
- apply body fillers.
- finish body fillers.
- prepare and apply specialty fillers.
- define corrosion.
- describe the common factors involved in rust formation.
- describe the corrosive protection materials used to prevent rust formations.
- choose the correct corrosion protection application equipment for specific applications.
- mix filler and cream hardener properly.
- explain common mistakes using filler and spot putty.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)