Aug 14, 2020
ABOD 2010 - Computer Estimating Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course covers identification and calculation of the cost of vehicle damage, calculating cost of parts, material, and labor written from a manual or computer.
Prerequisite(s): ABOD 1050 , ABOD 1060 , and ABOD 1070 or instructor consent.
- Damage appraisal
- Basic estimate procedures
- Repair time estimates
- Use of computer in estimating process
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe the basic procedures of writing up an estimate for the body shop and customer.
- determine the need for new parts and/or straightening procedures in a repair job.
- estimate time required for painting in a given collision repair job.
- perform a complete written estimate.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)