Dec 04, 2020
AST 2005 - Automotive Engines Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab 4
Course Description: This course covers engine construction, operating theory and overhaul procedures. All engine subsystems will be studied in great detail. A complete engine overhaul on a component engine will be performed. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of all AST 1000 level courses.
- Engine theory
- Sub Systems
- Engine Overhaul Techniques
- NATEF Tasks
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe safety precautions associated with course.
- identify engine components.
- describe the operational theory of a four-stroke gasoline engine.
- describe cooling and lubrication system operation.
- describe engine disassembly and assembly procedures.
- measure components accurately using precision tools.
- perform fastener identification.
- perform NATEF tasks when completing an engine overhaul.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)