Dec 08, 2021
CHIN 1012 - Beginning Chinese II Credits: 5
Hours/Week: Lecture 5Lab None
Course Description: This course is the second course in a beginning sequence and a continuation of CHIN 1011 . Continued development of all four language skills (speaking, listening comprehension, writing and reading) is stressed. Weekly listening and laboratory work are required. A further exploration of Chinese culture is included.
8 Global Perspective
Prerequisite(s): CHIN 1011 or equivalent.
- Chinese Characters Chinese Language and Writing System; Strokes of Chinese characters; Chinese radicals
- Chinese Culture
- Grammar Study Stative verbs, adverbs, nominal sentences Titles, verbal sentences, verbal negation, transitive verbs, nouns as stative verbs, mood Location indication Passive form ba Sentence with le as ending indicating accomplished move.
- Speaking, reading, and listening exercises in scenarios such as following; At the restaurant Borrowing Transportation Shopping Birthday party invitation Location Indication Sports and Activities Talking about weather Seeing a doctor Traveling Plans for summer break
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate elementary reading and writing skills in Chinese;
- respond to spoken Chinese accurately.
- initiate daily conversations in Chinese.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)