Nov 28, 2020
CAPL 1000 - Computer Literacy Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture 1Lab None
Course Description: This course is designed to provide students with the beginning skills and basic computer concepts needed in todays world. In a hands-on lab environment, students will be introduced to the computer and its terminology. Topics include computer system overview, basic exploration of some popular software packages, and managing computer files. Restriction: Closed to students who have earned credit in CAPL 1010 OR CSCI 1020 .
Recommendation: OFFT 0092
- Computing Fundamentals
- Introductory Software Applications
- Online Connections
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Identify the computer components.
- Identify and use features of the operating system.
- Identify peripheral devices.
- Create and modify basic word processing documents.
- Modify existing spreadsheets.
- Modify existing presentation files
- Utilize components of a course management system.
- Organize and use an e-mail program, add contacts, and manage appointments.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)