Dec 08, 2021
COS 1063 - Clinic VI Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab 6
Course Description: This is the sixth clinical course in an eight-course sequence. This course provides students the opportunity in the Century College clinic to apply theories and skills learned throughout the program. Emphasis will be placed on speed, accuracy, and proper selection of chemicals and services to prepare students for the salon. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): Minimum of 750 hours in Cosmetology or instructor consent.
- Chemicals for application.
- Communication skills.
- Finishing skills.
- Hair color formulation, permanent wave, hair color, nail care, skin care, chemical relax.
- Hazardous waste
- Minnesota laws and rules as related to the practice of cosmetology.
- Present a professional image.
- Professional ethics and attitudes.
- Retail skills.
- Safety and sanitation procedures in the salon.
- Skill and speed required for employment.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate safe handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste.
- perform proper safety and sanitation.
- demonstrate finishing skills.
- demonstrate an increase in speed and accuracy of skills for the job market.
- perform required tasks with minimal supervision in a simulated salon setting.
- demonstrate professionalism in client relationships and performance on the job.
- demonstrate decision making skills regarding selection and application of product for clients.
- demonstrate advanced skills in hair, skin and nail services.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)