Jan 20, 2021
EMSE 1170 - Paramedic Preparation and Assessment Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 1Lab 2
Course Description: This course assesses the paramedic student’s advanced skills in preparation for field experience and National Registry practical testing. Students will also be introduced to best practices in job seeking and career planning in the EMS profession. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of EMSE 1148 , EMSE 1164 , EMSE 1166 with a grade of C or higher. Minnesota Human Services background study with no restrictions; current state EMT certification; current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider certification; required immunizations; current healthcare insurance; valid driver’s license; driver’s license check passed according to MnSCU policy.
Recommendation: Basic word processing skills.
- Practicum Orientation Expectations Objectives Goals Contracts Evaluation tools Maps Assignments Daily log of practicum experiences Weekly review of practicum goals and objectives Data collection and entry
- Career Planning Resume Cover letter Application for employment Mock interview techniques
- National Registry Standards Expectations Skills checklist
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- identify practicum expectations.
- demonstrate mastery of didactic materials
- demonstrate mastery of practical skills.
- identify job seeking and keeping skills.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)