Sep 18, 2020
ECAD 1060 - Materials and Manufacturing Process Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This is a survey course of the manufacturing processes, materials and properties as pertaining to drafting and design. Materials processes such as casting, forging, machining, welding, forming and molding and how they affect a design or drawing will be explored. Students will be exposed to these processes and how the results of these processes affect drawings through fieldtrips, demonstrations and videos.
Recommendation: Arithmetic assessment score of 64 or higher or elementary algebra assessment score of 76 or higher OR assessment score/ACT score placement into MATH 0070 or above OR completion MATH 0030 or MATH 0060 with a grade of C or higher. We strongly encourage students who score below 64 to meet with an advisor or counselor to discuss their review and course options PRIOR to Math assessment retesting or registering for a MATH course.
- Casting and Molding
- Engineering Materials and Properties
- Intro To Material Processing
- Machine Tool operation
- New Technologies
- Shop Safety
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- explain various conditioning processes.
- identify various casting processes.
- identify various separating processes.
- locate technical data of material.
- identify various assembling processes.
- identify various molding processes.
- describe each class of material, its characteristics.
- explain shop safety procedures.
- identify various finishing processes.
- explain various forming processes.
- describe various new technologies.
- apply manufacturing processes to projects.
- select best manufacturing processes.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)