Jan 21, 2021
ECT 1013 - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab 2
Course Description: This course will cover the skills needed to effectively manage the Microsoft Server operating system environment. Students will study how to use functions and utilities, manage program properties, manage hardware devices, and install operating system and applications. This course will help prepare students for the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) industry certification.
Prerequisite(s): ECT 1001 with a grade of C or higher or concurrently enrolled or A+ certification or instructor consent.
- Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Implementing Domain Name System
- Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Implementing File and Print Services
- Implementing Group Policy
- Implementing IPv4
- Implementing Local Storage
- Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
- Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
- Implementing IPv6
- Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- manage user and group accounts.
- manage client workstations and servers.
- monitor system performance.
- prepare for Active Directory installation.
- install Microsoft Server, given a scenario.
- monitor and view server events.
- manage server disk and file systems.
- manage server print services.
- configure Internet, Intranet and Remote Access.
- plan for fault tolerance and disaster recovery.
- prepare to install Microsoft Server 2012.
- determine hardware requirements using the Windows Compatibility List.
- virtualize server operating systems using Hyper-V.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)