Dec 08, 2021
FACM 2054 - Steam Turbine Operation and Maintenance Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab 2
Course Description: This course is intended to advance students in the operation and maintenance of steam turbines and related equipment through classroom and hands-on training. Students will need to accumulate additional hours to meet state requirements to sit for the Minnesota 2A boiler license exam. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): Minnesotas Special Engineers License to meet state boiler division requirements.
- Impulse Turbine Parts
- Impulse Turbine Theory
- Reaction Turbine Parts
- Reaction Turbine Theory
- Special-Purpose Steam Turbine Lubrication Systems
- Steam Turbine Development
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe operation and point out standard safety equipment for steam turbines.
- demonstrate the startup and shutdown of a turbine generator.
- tear down a steam turbine.
- maintain required records and logs in the boiler room (as per state of Minnesota requirements).
- rebuild a steam turbine.
- manipulate controls for a steam turbine generator.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)