Dec 01, 2021
FRTA 2081 - Structural Firefighting: Strategies and Tactics Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course focuses on skills necessary to achieve maximum productivity under adverse fire ground conditions. Fire officers will be prepared to take command at structure fires, fully utilizing available resources in a safe manner.
Prerequisite(s): FRTA 2011 and FRTA 2031
- Size-up of an incident
- National Incident Management System
- Principles of firefighter safety
- Offensive/defensive operations
- Company operations
- Specific target hazard operations
- Water flow calculations
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- apply specific strategies to specific structure fires.
- demonstrate the steps involved in the assumption and transfer of command.
- describe the process implementing an incident action plan within the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- identify risk management principles as related to an emergency incident.
- identify the principles of firefighter safety and accountability.
- identify the steps involved to size up an incident.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)