Dec 08, 2021
HVAC 1042 - Basic Refrigeration II Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course covers the following areas of refrigeration: applications and properties, refrigerant oils, piping, dehydration, charging and recovery, recycling, reclaiming, installations, heat pumps, part load and troubleshooting. The government EPA CFC Certification Test will be administered as part of this course. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): HVAC 1041 with a grade of C or higher.
- Charging and reclamation
- Installation procedures
- Introduction to heat pump
- Refrigerant characteristics
- Refrigerant oil
- Refrigerant piping
- System dehydration
- Troubleshooting practices
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe refrigerant and oil characteristics
- perform reclamation and dehydration procedures
- perform charging procedures
- identify heat pump unit operations
- perform troubleshooting procedures to industry standards.
- complete the government EPA CFC Certification exam.
- identify unsafe practices
- demonstrate safety procedures
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)