Dec 08, 2021
HVAC 1065 - Oil Heating Service and Troubleshooting Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course covers the theory and operation of oil-burning heating systems, service, repair practices, combustion testing, and maintenance. Procedures for logically troubleshooting oil-fired heating systems will also be covered. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): FACM 1030 or concurrent enrollment.
- Cadmium cell primary controls
- Combustion efficiency and analyzer use
- Combustion process
- Gun-type oil burner components
- Oil burner maintenance and tune-ups
- Service procedures and diagnostics
- Stack primary controls
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe how fuel oil and air are prepared for combustion
- identify the components of gun-type oil burners.
- wire and test primary controls
- perform routine maintenance on oil heating systems
- perform combustion analysis on oil heating systems.
- diagnose and repair problems on oil heating systems.
- identify unsafe practices
- demonstrate safety procedures.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)