Dec 08, 2021
HORT 2033 - Tropical Plants Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab None
Course Description: This course recognizes that tropical plants are commonly used in residential and commercial locations to improve aesthetics, purify the air, and to enhance the well-being of the occupants. Horticulturists in temperate climates can extend their season of employment by providing interior plant services and installing seasonal blooming plants. Course content will include over 100 tropical plants and explore the commercial production of tropical plants.
- Media and container requirements
- Designing with tropical plants
- Light, water, and temperature requirements
- Plant taxonomy and morphology
- Propagation and pruning requirements
- Selecting tropical plants
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- select appropriate temperature requirements for tropical plants.
- design tropical interiorscapes.
- describe water and light requirements.
- select appropriate growing media for tropical plants.
- perform propagation and pruning procedures.
- identify 100 tropical indoor plants.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)