Dec 08, 2021
INDV 2780 - Individualized Studies Internship Credits: 1-4
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course is designed to provide students with the opportunity to apply knowledge and skills in a real-life job environment. It is designed especially for students pursuing programs not offered at Century or those seeking an internship option in a program or discipline which does not currently offer such a course. Students will work in a professional environment while applying and learning a variety of communication, business, and technical skills. Course may be repeated up to a total of 8 credits.
Prerequisite(s): Consent of administrator of Individualized Studies and the instructor
- Creating employment résumé and cover letter
- Developing company organizational chart
- Completing 40 hour “quick reports”
- Creating final résumé
- Creating professional presentation summarizing internship experience
- Criteria for feedback of performance appraisal
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- construct a professional résumé.
- demonstrate employment interview skills.
- describe the scope of their internship positions, assigned tasks, and responsibilities.
- perform tasks/work to employer-defined standards.
- describe the employing organization’s culture and working climate.
- reflect on their own personal contributions to the internship organization’s strategic activities.
- create an organizational chart.
- design and deliver a professional presentation outlining their internship experience.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)