Dec 07, 2021
INTD 1020 - Drafting for Interior Design Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This introductory course focuses on hand drafting (architectural drawing) skills necessary to design any given space. It covers reading and drawing a set of floor plans, using drafting tools and drafting appropriate architectural symbols, dimensioning, lettering, elevations, sections, and detailing. This course provides the foundation for all other Interior Design courses.
- basic architectural drafting
- furniture arranging clearances
- furniture installation plans
- proxemics, anthropometrics
- reading floor plans
- space plan
- architectural symbols
- title blocks
- line quality
- finish schedules
- lighting and electrical plans
- presentation boards
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- read and organize a set of architectural plans
- write schedules from finished plans
- create presentation boards for client presentations
- evaluate their own work to current industry practice and standards
- plan an architectural space
- draw proper symbols for architectural drafting.
- employ proper line weights.
- hand draft floor plans, elevations, and details
- apply proxemics and anthroprometrics to floor plans
- hand draft furniture installation plans, reflected ceiling plans and electrical plans.
- dimension and letter a plan
- hand draft finish plans.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)