Dec 07, 2021
INTD 2780 - Internship in Interior Design Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course engages students in 160 hours of learning experience at the business/industry site that compliments and reinforces the program’s academic work. With employer’s input, students are evaluated on a variety of skills. This course involves analyzing one’s own work style and skills, then matching personal traits and needs to the workplace. Students use this experience to gain a competitive edge in the industry.
Prerequisite(s): Consent of instructor.
- Personal values and goals inventory
- Cover Letter
- E-folio construction
- E-folio training
- Employer performance report
- Explore job possibilities
- Internship report
- Match requirements to personal qualifications
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- build professional network contacts in the design industry.
- articulate personal values and goals.
- match potential employment opportunities to personal goals.
- write a cover letter.
- create a professional resume.
- develop a professional E-folio.
- perform assigned tasks to employer-defined standards.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)