Dec 08, 2021
MEDA 1780 - Medical Assistant Clinical Externship Credits: 6
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course provides students with learning experiences in administrative, clinical, and laboratory procedures through performance in selected physicians offices and clinics. The 300 hour externship is unpaid. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): All program requirements must be completed prior to externship. Instructors signature required. MN Human Services background study with no restrictions. Current CPR certification required either through American Heart Association- (BLS for Healthcare Providers), or American Red Cross-(Professional Rescuer).
Recommendation: The student should obtain their Limited Radiographer X-ray Operators License through the State of Minnesota.
- Administrative skills
- Clinical skills
- Interviewing techniques
- Laboratory skills
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- complete competencies that are listed on the externship rotation checklist.
- perform administrative skills in a clinical facility.
- perform laboratory skills in a clinical facility.
- perform clinical skills in a clinical facility.
- apply for and/or interview for employment.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)