Dec 01, 2021
MUSC 1000 - Century College Choir Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture 3Lab None
Course Description: The Century College Choir is a vocal ensemble that sings a variety of choral literature. Concerts are presented each semester. No previous singing experience or audition is required. Some special evening rehearsals are required as scheduled by the director. Students may take this course for academic credit up to four times. Note: Registration for choir may be done as an activity for academic credit or through Continuing Education.
- Criteria for music selection:
- Variety of styles
- Variety of musical periods
- Consideration of the ability of the performers and potential of the group
- Relative to the size of the ensemble
- Development of a choral sound
- High performance standards in choral-style singing
- Proper stage etiquette
- The music studied and performed for each concert will differ in style and period
- Vocal skills through intonation, rhythm and diction
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Efficiently rehearse choral music as a part of a section of a choir.
- Demonstrate proper stage etiquette.
- Prepare music scores for singing in rehearsal and performances.
- Demonstrate the ability to sing in a choral style.
- Perform music of various styles and periods.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)