Dec 01, 2021
NURS 1028 - Directed Study in Nursing Credits: 1-4
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course provides opportunity for directed study in nursing theory and/or lab and clinical for nursing students in the classroom, long term care, community, or acute care settings. The course content is individualized based on an assessment of each student’s learning needs. Focus of the course will be demonstration of competency in identified learning goals related to safe, holistic nursing care.
Prerequisite(s): Admission to the Nursing Program and consent of the Nursing Program Director.
Varies depending on each student’s learning needs.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- assess, plan, implement, and evaluate holistic nursing care.
- demonstrate ability to apply concepts of safe nursing care.
- demonstrate application of nursing theory when caring for patients in the lab/clinical setting.
- complete specific written assignments that are required program outcomes or required Minnesota Board of Nursing abilities.
- demonstrate competency of the identified learning goals.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)