Dec 07, 2021
ORTE 1030 - Spinal Orthoses Fabrication Credits: 5
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course concentrates on identification of spinal anatomy and interpretation of spinal orthometry assessment forms. Students fabricate three types of spinal orthoses that cover and control specific areas of the spine. Students also focus on application of appropriate covering materials to ensure patient comfort and utility.
Prerequisite(s): ORTE 1020 or concurrent enrollment.
- Spinal anatomy spinal bony landmarks cranial anatomy regions and functions spinal anatomy regions and functions pelvic anatomy regions and functions
- Spinal orthometry Forms spinal form information spinal form symbols
- Anterior posterior [AP],anterior posterior lateral [APL] and thoracic lumbar anterior posterior [TLAP] spinal orthoses tracings metal components metal components AP, APL, TLAP contouring shaped components AP , APL , TLAP assembling leather covering leather to metal structures stitching leather covering trimming
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- identify basic spinal anatomy.
- interpret spinal orthometry forms.
- fabricate and assemble spinal orthoses.
- cover the metal structures of the spinal orthoses.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)