Jan 28, 2023
ORTE 2010 - Thermoplastic Orthoses Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture 1Lab 6
Course Description: In this course students practice skills necessary to accurately vacuum form thermoplastic over a variety of plaster models to create acceptable orthoses. Practical skills include making negative wraps, creating positive plaster models, and adding metal components contoured and aligned to finish the orthoses.
Prerequisite(s): ORTE 2000 or concurrently enrolled.
- A. Model forming
- lower-limb and spinal models
- angular changes to negative models
- modifications to plaster models
- B. Vacuum form thermoplastic orthoses
- aligning joints to model
- vacuum forming thermoplastic
- C. Trim lines and finishing edges
- rough trim
- definitive trim lines
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- A. vacuum form thermoplastic over a variety of plaster models of lower limb and spinal sections.
- B. fabricate a variety of articulating thermoplastic orthoses.
- C. establish trim lines and finish edges of thermoplastic orthoses.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)