Jan 28, 2023
PE 1015 - Golf Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course presents the fundamentals of golf, including selection and care of equipment, etiquette, scoring and playing on a golf course. This course is intended for beginners and students who have not had formal golf instruction although students of all ages and abilities are welcome. Students are responsible for green fees and transportation to off-campus sites.
- Golf Etiquette
- Club selection
- Various types of play
- Basic Skills
- Benefits of golf as a lifelong activity
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- outline the history of golf.
- identify basic United States Golf Association (USGA) rules.
- demonstrate golf etiquette.
- demonstrate basic golf skills: grip, stance, swing, use of woods, use of irons, sand shots, and uneven ground shots.
- identify club selection.
- identify the game of golf as an effective lifetime recreational activity.
- identify various types of golf play.
- demonstrate golf conditioning techniques.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)