Feb 06, 2023
PE 1067 - Fitness Walking Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course focuses on individual improvement in cardiovascular fitness through fitness walking, while emphasizing exercise as a part of a healthy lifestyle. Students will develop a personal walking program based on current fitness levels and fitness principles. Flexibility and muscular strength and endurance exercises are also incorporated into exercise programs.
- Importance of exercise and physical fitness
- Individual fitness assessment
- Fitness walking technique
- Progression of walking plan
- Principles of conditioning
- Walking safety
- Components of fitness
- Injury Prevention
- Healthy Lifestyle choices
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate fitness walking technique.
- identify the advantages of acquiring and maintaining adequate fitness throughout the lifespan.
- design a progressive fitness walking program.
- implement a personal exercise program using fitness walking and resistance exercise.
- explain guidelines for safely beginning and progressing in a fitness walking program.
- identify healthy lifestyle choices.
- assess current fitness levels.
- discuss the role of fitness walking as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)