Feb 06, 2023
PE 1780 - Internship: Sports Facility/Operations Management Credits: 1-6
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course provides students an opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned in the Sports Management program. Students will work in operational roles at facilities while applying a variety of communication, technical, and time management skills. Internship positions must be held in some facet of the sports facility management industry, and approved by the program coordinator. May be repeated with program coordinator’s consent.
Prerequisite(s): Consent of instructor.
- Creating employment resume and cover letter.
- Completing 40 hour “quick reports”
- Professional presentation summarizing internship experience.
- Performance appraisal
- Complete forty (40) hours of on-the-job training for each credit registered internship
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- create a job description.
- create a professional resume and cover letter.
- perform as a member of a team in a work environment.
- perform specific operational tasks after consultation between the employer and faculty.
- demonstrate appropriate behavior in a professional environment.
- develop a professional presentation of the internship experience.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)