Jan 28, 2023
PE 2095 - Intercollegiate Men’s Soccer II Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab 2
Course Description: This course is designed for students who participate on the intercollegiate men’s soccer team. This course offers advanced skill instruction as well as intercollegiate experience.
Prerequisite(s): Must be a member of intercollegiate men’s soccer team and have consent of instructor or athletic director. Student must be eligible based on the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) rules.
- Skill progression/instruction
- Mental Preparation
- Game Strategies
- Individual and Team Strategies
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- analyze mental strategies.
- demonstrate a progression of athletic skills and abilities reflective of a second year intercollegiate athlete.
- demonstrate soccer etiquette.
- identify game strategies.
- identify rules of soccer.
- identify team and individual strategies.
- practice mentoring skills by mentoring first year players on the expectations of a student athlete.
- practice positive leadership skills that increases their ability to work with others, effectively communicate, and develop supportive teammate relationships.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)