Jan 28, 2023
PE 2097 - Intercollegiate Women’s Softball II Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab 2
Course Description: This course is for students who participate on the intercollegiate women’s softball team. This course offers advanced skill instruction as well as intercollegiate experience.
Prerequisite(s): Must be a member of intercollegiate softball team and have consent of the instructor or athletic director. Students must be eligible based on the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) rules
- Skill progression
- Skill instruction
- Mental preparation for competition
- NJCAA rules
- Individual, team and game strategies
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate a progression of athletic skills and abilities reflective of a second year intercollegiate athlete.
- demonstrate softball etiquette.
- demonstrate sportsmanship.
- demonstrate the NJCAA softball rules.
- demonstrate the ability to utilize various game strategies.
- demonstrate the ability to work within a team to accomplish a common goal.
- discuss mental preparation for competition.
- identify team and individual strategies.
- practice mentoring skills by mentoring first year players on the expectations of a student athlete.
- practice positive leadership skills that increases their ability to work with others, effectively communicate, and develop supportive teammate relationships.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)