Jan 28, 2023
PE 2790 - Special Topics: Boot Camp Credits: 1-3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course is designed for students interested in participating in high intensity group fitness activities as a means of improving their fitness level. Students will participate in a variety of boot camp style indoor and outdoor workouts consisting of circuit training, interval training, plyometrics, flexibility, cardiovascular, and resistance training activities.
- Importance of exercise as part of a healthy lifestyle
- Target heart training zone
- Cardiovascular system
- Muscular strength and endurance
- Workout Intensity
- Circuit Training
- Individual fitness assessment and evaluation
- Safe progression of activity
- Core Training
- Exercise modalities
- Interval Training
- Indoor and Outdoor workouts
- Major Muscle Groups
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- assess their individual fitness status.
- calculate and monitor target heart rate training zone.
- explain guidelines for safely beginning and progressing through high intensity workouts.
- identify the factors that affect muscular strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance and flexibility.
- plan indoor and outdoor workouts.
- plan interval, circuit training, and plyometric workouts.
- identify various exercise modalities.
- identify major muscles groups utilized during workouts.
- discuss the role of exercise as part of a healthy lifestyle.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)