Jan 28, 2023
PHYS 1042 - General Physics II Credits: 5
Hours/Week: Lecture 4Lab 2
Course Description: This course is a continuation of PHYS 1041 , introducing many of the remaining topics in classical physics. This course in general physics introduces the topics of thermodynamics, optics, waves, and electricity. It includes a computer-based laboratory component where students collect, analyze, and interpret data.
3 Natural Science
Prerequisite(s): Completion of PHYS 1041 with a grade of C or higher.
- Thermal Energy, Temperature and Heat.
- Direct Current Circuits.
- Direct Current and Ohms Law.
- Electrical Energy.
- Electrical Force.
- Heat Transfer.
- Optical Instruments.
- Reflection and Refraction of Light.
- Wave Interference.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Successfully solve problems involving waves and intereference
- Demonstrate a high degree of problem-solving skill.
- Analyze circuits using the principles of electricity.
- Apply the laws of geometric optics to determine magnification and the position of images
- Apply the laws of thermodynamics and heat transfer.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)