Jan 28, 2023
PRTE 1040 - Trans-Tibial Socket Inserts, Alignment and Duplication Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course concentrates on fabrication techniques for trans-tibial socket inserts and patellar tendon-bearing (PTB) waist belts with suspension attachments. In the lab, students place PTB sockets into extension blocks, statically align and assemble them, and practice procedures for duplicating proper PTB alignments.
Prerequisite(s): PRTE 1030 or concurrent enrollment.
- PTB alignment duplication Ankle bracket, clamp assembly measurements Shin block cut Shin block glued to socket block
- PTB waist belt and PTB cuffs PTB waist belt design, pattern, and fabricate PTB knee cuff design, pattern, and fabricate Modified PTB knee cuff design, pattern, and fabricate
- Static alignment and assembly of PTB socket PTB socket placed in extension block Static alignment
- Trans-tibial pelite inserts Pelite liner pattern Mold pelite to PTB model Pelite liner finishing
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- duplicate the PTB alignment.
- fabricate the PTB waist belt and PTB cuffs.
- statically align and assemble the PTB socket.
- design and fabricate trans-tibial inserts.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)