Feb 06, 2023
PRTE 1080 - Trans-Femoral Socket Fabrication Credits: 4
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course concentrates on creating plaster of Paris models of trans-femoral residual limbs, as well as the lay-up and lamination of trans-femoral prosthetic sockets. Activities include placement of a trans-femoral socket in an extension block, static alignment of a trans-femoral socket on an adjustable leg, duplicate alignment of a trans-femoral prosthesis, and attachment of trans-femoral flexible leather belts and hip joint components.
Prerequisite(s): PRTE 1070 or concurrent enrollment.
- Duplicate alignment oftrans-femoral prosthesis and attach hip Joint Trans-femoral alignment duplication Trans-femoral flexible leather pelvic belt Hip joint location and application
- Socket for a trans-femoral prosthesis Plaster of Paris model Trans-femoral socket lay-up Trans-femoral socket lamination
- Static alignment trans-femoral socket on adjustable leg Trans-femoral socket into extension block Trans-femoral prosthesis static alignment
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- prepare and laminate sockets for a trans-femoral prostheses.
- statically align trans-femoral sockets on the adjustable leg.
- duplicate alignment of trans-femoral prostheses.
- attach the hip joint components.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)