Dec 08, 2021
TRIN 1061 - Glossary Development Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course introduces strategies for translating and interpreting terms and concepts that pertain to specialized fields. Course activities explore different methods of researching unfamiliar terminology and various options for addressing terms with no direct equivalent translation. Students will research and build a glossary in a specialized field.
Prerequisite(s): TRIN 1021 with a grade of C or higher and TRIN 1031 with a grade of C or higher, or concurrently enrolled, or instructor consent.
- Glossary Development
- Specialized Terminologies in Different Fields
- Terminology Research
- Translated Terminology Confirmation Strategies
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- identify ways of translating and interpreting specialized terminology or culturally based terminology.
- employ methods of researching unfamiliar terminology.
- confirm equivalent terms chosen for glossaries.
- create a glossary of specialized terminology.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)