Nov 27, 2021
VCT 1018 - Digital Imaging Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: In this course students will use a design process to create portfolio quality imagery using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator for the creation and manipulation of both raster and vector images. Topics will include: file formats, resolution, illustration and color systems.
Recommendation: VCT 1013 .
- Creative use of digital imagery
- Raster vs. Vector Imagery
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop program
- Creating raster images
- Raster based editing techniques
- Creating vector images
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator program
- Photo editing techniques
- Research Copyright laws
- Research, use and value stock photography
- Vector based editing techniques
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- complete projects by using industry standard graphics applications
- complete projects by using text, graphics and photos.
- recognize different graphic file formats.
- create digital imagery for a portfolio.
- complete projects by using a standard design process.
- comply with copyright laws.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)