Dec 08, 2021
VCT 1019 - Principles of Digital Communications II Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This second semester course continues the exploration of the career, technical, and conceptual principles of the visual communications industry that were established in the VCT 1012 course. Intermediate projects will be created using more intricate applications, while expanding upon the concepts and techniques explored in VCT 1012 . Students will develop and present these projects in a variety of digital formats using an assortment of industry standard applications. Further exploration of the various career paths within the VCT Industry will also be covered as students begin to develop their professional identities.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1012 .
- GPS LifePlan resources
- 3D Animation concepts and applications
- Adobe Flash Essential Training
- Careers in 3D Animation
- Careers in Web Design
- Cinema 4D Essential Training
- Concepts of client interaction
- Create DVD Portfolio
- Creating a personal Web page
- Creating an Interactive Media application
- Developing a professional attitude
- Dreamweaver Essential Training
- Electronic Publishing concepts
- Illustrator Essential Training
- Personality Inventory
- Practice Career Networking
- Professional Identity
- iDVD Essentials Training
- Careers in Video Production
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- apply a creative design process to complete multiple projects.
- apply the concepts of visual communications to a variety of projects.
- create projects using a comprehensive set of visual communication software.
- explore careers in visual communications using a specific set of resources.
- create the structure of a professional identity.
- prepare media for an electronic portfolio.
- exhibit the foundations of a professional attitude.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)