Oct 22, 2021
VCT 1061 - Electronic Publishing I Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course introduces page layout and assembly using Adobe InDesign software. A formal creative design process will be used to create portfolio quality projects in a simulated real-world environment. Emphasis will be placed on the formal elements and principles of design and the relationship between form and content. Students will be required to draw, plan, execute, and present their design ideas.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1012 or concurrent enrollment or consent of instructor.
- Articulating the needs of your client
- CD booklet
- Create graphics
- Creating new sections and wrapping text.
- Exploring the InDesign workspace
- Placing and linking graphics
- Presenting a finished project
- Real Estate Flyer
- Research methods
- Setting up a document
- The creative design process
- Tri-Fold brochure
- Working with color
- Working with frames
- Working with text
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- use a creative design process to develop and execute a graphic design project.
- create page layouts, combining images, text and graphic elements.
- present their projects in a professional manner, articulating how they addressed their clients’ needs.
- differentiate in formal and technical ways appropriate fonts for specific projects.
- adhere to deadlines.
- transfer the look and feel of researched examples to their own specific designs.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)