Aug 19, 2022
VCT 1131 - Post-Production 1: Beginning Editing Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture 2Lab 2
Course Description: This comprehensive course covers the fundamentals of video editing as well as effects, motion graphics, composite layers, color correction, managing media, and formatting files for distribution. This course incorporates the workflow of Apple Final Cut Pro X and Apple Motion.
- Final Cut Pro Interface
- Rough Editing
- The Final Cut
- Editing Enhancements
- Visual Effects
- Motion Graphics
- Formats and Distribution
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- describe the role of an assistant editor.
- define basic editing principles and functions.
- operate editing systems.
- demonstrate the use of effects, transitions, retiming, and color correction.
- demonstrate the use of composite layers and multi-cam clips. adjust video quality.
- compare file formats for various distribution methods.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)