Dec 08, 2021
VCT 2021 - Flash Interactive Media II Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: In this advanced hands-on, project-oriented course, students will explore the concepts and practical applications of Flash interactivity with ActionScript. The multiple mediums of animation, digital graphics, digital audio, and digital video, authored with Adobe Flash, will also be creatively applied. The emphasis of this course is on the creation of highly interactive multimedia applications. The concepts of programming will be implemented using Flash’s native scripting language ActionScript to create various forms of interactivity. Through the application of the principles and elements of design, students will design highly interactive media applications, to communicate a client’s message.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1021 or consent of instructor.
- ActionScript concepts
- ActionScript for Designers
- Advanced Navigation with ActionScript
- Animation with ActionScript
- Creating Dynamic Applications
- Use XML and ActionScript to create a dynamic image gallery
- Using digital audio in Flash
- Using external text files to create dynamic text
- Working with External ActionScript files
- Working with Flash Video
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- create multiple advanced digital multimedia design projects.
- employ the theories of advanced digital multimedia production.
- use ActionScript to create complex interactive navigation.
- use ActionScript to control audio and video in multimedia productions
- use ActionScript to create dynamic animations.
- use ActionScript to create Shell-Based navigation.
- create dynamic interactive multimedia projects with ActionScript.
- prepare Flash applications for streaming over the Internet.
- solve design and technical problems through the use of critical thinking.
- discuss the concepts of design as they apply to advanced digital multimedia production.
- critique one¿s own work and that of other students in group discussions.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)