Oct 22, 2021
VCT 2066 - Portfolio Development-Graphic Design Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: Preparing a professional graphic design portfolio is an important step in landing that first job. In this class, students can learn important skills in presentation, editing, rsum writing, and developing their personal brand. Creating and presenting an actual portfolio is the goal of this course.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 2062 or concurrent enrollment.
- Create a presentation highlighting certain pieces for their design and technical quality
- Create a professional resume and cover letter
- Decide how to group the individual projects in the portfolio
- Decide how to sequence the groups
- Research and evaluate past projects and decide which need to be reworked and re-printed.
- Research and evaluate professional portfolios.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the importance of a portfolio in the job market.
- explain the process of editing work and deciding on portfolio quality pieces.
- present the portfolio to students, instructors, and outside members of industry.
- develop a professional quality résumé and cover letter.
- rework update and reprint projects to achieve portfolio quality.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)