Sep 25, 2021
VCT 2071 - Advanced Lighting and Photography Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course builds upon the intermediate skills in VCT 1078 - Intermediate Lighting and Photography . Advanced techniques and equipment will be explored in both studio and location shooting. This course covers painting with light, light gels, neutral density filters, mixing light sources, and photographing a group.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1078 with a grade of C or higher.
- 4 light studio setups
- 5 light studio setups
- Advanced camera and flash unit settings
- Advanced control of light sources
- Advanced studio light modifiers
- Incorporating shadows for texture and backgrounds
- Location photography using flash units and studio strobes
- Location photography using multiple flash units
- Match color temperature of ambient light
- Painting with light
- Plan a studio
- Portable energy systems
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- employ a Sunpak continuous light source to paint with light.
- use neutral density filters on light sources.
- use Live View.
- use ISO Expansion.
- use Rear Curtain Sync.
- use a battery clip or AA batteries for cameras
- use various battery packs and/or power sources for light sources
- use 3 or more flash units on location.
- use a ring flash modifier.
- mix strobes and flash units.
- use gels to match ambient light.
- create shadow to build mood and backgrounds.
- operate a portable backdrop stands.
- photograph a business portrait session.
- photograph a group.
- photograph reflective objects.
- plan a studio.
- use 4 and 5 studio lights for a portrait session.
- use Cinefoil
- use a beauty dish.
- use a ring flash.
- use a snoot.
- use light cubes and tents
- use the Stroboscope flash feature.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)