Oct 19, 2021
VCT 2076 - Portfolio Development - Marketing Communications Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: Preparing a portfolio in marketing communications offers students an opportunity to gather, assess, modify, and assemble work into a cohesive arrangement. Presentation techniques, editing, and resume suggestions will be included in this course. Developing a professional portfolio is the goal of this course.
Prerequisite(s): Consent of instructor.
- Creating a presentation highlighting certain pieces for design, technical and academic quality
- Creating a professional résumé, cover letter and business card
- Deciding how to group and sequence the individual projects in the portfolio
- Presentation techniques
- Researching and evaluating past projects and decide which need to be reworked and updated
- Researching and evaluating professional portfolios
- Researching position descriptions for the marketing professional
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- examine current job market for trends.
- articulate the importance of a portfolio in the job market.
- explain the process of editing, sequencing and selecting portfolio quality pieces.
- develop a cohesively designed résumé, cover letter and business card.
- revise and update projects to achieve a quality industry standard portfolio.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)