Oct 22, 2021
VCT 2078 - Photography Presentation Design Credits: 3
Hours/Week: Lecture NoneLab None
Course Description: This course covers essential presentation methods used in the photography industry. This project-oriented course includes album design, web presentation, online client proofing, and relationship marketing through social media used by the professional photographer.
Prerequisite(s): VCT 1078 and VCT 2073 with a grade of C or higher.
- Methods of presenting photos
- Marketing photos with social media
- Choosing a web hosting service
- Obtaining a web address
- Communicating to clients with blogs
- Building your photography website
- Photography products
- Building photo albums with InDesign
- Building photo albums online
- Client photo proofing using an online interface
- Selling photographs online
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- design photography products using various methods.
- develop a blog to network with potential and current clients.
- develop a social media presence for the purpose of marketing photographs.
- develop a website to display professional photography.
- employ appropriate typography methods while designing photography products.
- evaluate images for inclusion into a body of work.
- implement online order fulfillment.
- implement online photo proofing for clients.
- order photography products from various fulfillment companies.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)