Sep 25, 2021
WLDG 1000 - Processes and Power Sources Credits: 1
Hours/Week: Lecture 1Lab None
Course Description: This course is designed to give students an introduction to basic welding processes and power sources. Topics will include history, an overview of OAW, SMAW, GMAW and GTAW. The course also addresses an introduction to safety and the tools used in metal fabrication.
- Welding History
- General Tools
- Overview of Welding Processes
- Overview of Welding Power Sources
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate trouble shooting, problem solving and critical thinking skills as a result of learning different types of welding.
- describe different types of welding.
- describe the general history of each welding process.
- explain differences among the types of welding.
- identify welding safety techniques.
- set up welding tools.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)