Dec 03, 2021
WLDG 1012 - Advanced Metal Inert Gas Welding I Credits: 2
Hours/Week: Lecture 1Lab 2
Course Description: This course requires students to identify personal safety rules and to focus on developing welding skills in the Spray Arc and Pulse Arc (GMAW) process on various metals and alloys. Students must be able to perform physical tasks to complete course requirements.
Prerequisite(s): WLDG 1011 or instructor consent.
- Review of shop and safety rules and procedures
- Review of personal safety procedures
- Set-up and take-down and troubleshooting with pulse and spray arc GMAW
- Metal preparation for welding
- Pulse arc GMAW welding flat position
- Inspecting welds
- Spray arc GMAW Welding in the flat position
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- demonstrate proper set-up, take down, and troubleshooting procedures when using pulse and spray arc GMAW equipment.
- describe safety precautions when using pulse and spray arc GMAW equipment.
- identify personal safety procedures.
- prepare sheet and plate metal for welding.
- perform bead welds in the pulse and spray arc GMAW settings.
- perform butt, lap, corner, and tee welds in the pulse and spray arc GMAW settings.
- inspect welds for grading.
Courses and Registration
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)